Sunday 18 November 2018
8th Sunday after Michaelmas
Readings for week of 18 November
||Mark 8:27 - 9:1
||1 Samuel 1:1-20
Rotas for Sunday 25 November 2018
|Welcome|| Mike & Margaret Groom
|Coffee||Mary & Martin Summers
- Holy Habits
- Sue Marsland writes, Many of you have been touched by some of the hymns and music selected by the preachers for their Holy Habits services. If you have a particular choice then please put it on the sheet on the Holy Habits board to maybe use at the end of the series in a Thanksgiving Service.
- Quiet Day
- Phil will be holding a trial Reflective Quiet Day from 10.00am - 2.00pm this Tuesday 20th November at Dursley Methodist Church. After a cup of tea and coffee, Phil will briefly share ideas and thoughts from the Christian tradition and scriptures. This will be followed by a longer period of quiet reflection. Participants may express their thinking through drawing or creative writing, or spend the time in solitude and prayer. Then after a simple lunch a gathered conversation will enable people to share their thoughts or simply listen to others. Please feel free to ask anyone you think may be interested, from any Christian tradition or none. Please contact Pauline Chidlaw on 547838 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to book a place as numbers will be limited.
- Learning About Dementia
- An event led by Charlotte Overton-Hart from Livability will be held at 9:30am to 4:00pm on Saturday 24 November in Dursley Tabernacle. Details are on the notice board.
- Garden Autumn Clean Up Morning
- Saturday 24th November, commencing at 9:30am. If you are able to help please come along. Last year we were rained off so let's hope it's dry.
- Advent Supper
- Sunday 2nd December at 6.00pm. Supper with music, readings and time for reflection at the beginning of Advent. Please sign on the list in the hall
- United Alive
- Judy writes, Please may I have all items and articles for the joint December And January edition of United Alive by 5pm next Monday, 19 November.
Wednesday 21 November
Thursday 22 November
Table Tennis In The Hall
Sunday 25 November
Rev Phil Summers (Communion)
Stuart Hobbs at Dryleaze House
Click here to download "United Alive" - our Church monthly newsletter -
as a PDF file.
Click here to download "Together In Wotton" - the monthly newsletter of Churches Together in Wotton -
as a PDF file.
Copyright ©:2009 Wotton United Church Wotton-under-Edge Gloucestershire